Arizona Mobile Home Title Transfers

Mobile Home Title Transfers by Ayala Motor Vehicle Services

An Arizona mobile home certificate of title, when properly assigned and endorsed, is your proof of ownership document.

To process a title transfer from one owner to a new owner, the buyer must present photo identification at the time of the transaction, must have the previous owner's title properly endorsed and/or notarized on the back, and if a lien was recorded on the title, a lien clearance or release will be needed. The lien release is sometimes completed and notarized on the front of the title, and sometimes is provided to the seller as a separate document.

To transfer ownership, the seller and buyer must both complete fields on the back of the title. The seller's signature must be notarized before the buyer can take title to the mobile home, except in very specific circumstances.

Mobile Home Title Transfers by Ayala Motor Vehicle Services


It's also a great idea for the seller to prepare and sign a Bill of Sale, and have it notarized. This will help prevent potential issues when the buyer comes in to complete the title transfer process. The seller may also choose to complete a Power of Attorney form, and have it notarized, to allow the buyer to sign on their behalf for title transfer related documents.

All of the required documents can be notarized by any Arizona Notary Public, or in person at any MVD office or authorized third party provider, by an MVD agent. The notarization is typically only required for the seller's signature, and is required to prevent fraudulent signatures from being submitted on title transfer paperwork.

The seller should make sure that the following information is completed, and signed:

The buyer should complete the following information on the back of the title: